I hope you're all doing well. I'm in the process of setting up a home studio and would love to gather some insights and recommendations from experienced audio enthusiasts.
Here's what I currently have in mind for my gear setup:
- Audio Interface: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) - The compact size, excellent preamps, and affordable price make this a top contender for my needs.
- Microphone: Shure SM7B - A popular choice among professionals due to its versatility and ability to capture vocals and instruments with clarity.
- Studio Monitors: Yamaha HS5 - Known for their accurate sound reproduction and balanced frequency response, these monitors seem like a reliable option.
- MIDI Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 - With its intuitive layout, extensive integration with software instruments, and quality keybed, I believe this controller will enhance my workflow.
- Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50x - Highly regarded by many audio professionals for their exceptional sound quality, comfort, and durability.
Now that you have an idea of what I'm considering, let me provide some context on how I plan to use this setup:
I primarily work on composing and producing music across various genres in my spare time. Moreover, I occasionally record vocals and acoustic instruments such as guitar and piano.
Given my requirements, do you think this gear selection covers most aspects necessary for a versatile home studio setup? Alternatively, if you've had experience with any of these models or have other suggestions based on your own setups, please feel free to share your thoughts! Additionally, any tips on proper cable management or acoustic treatment within a home studio environment would be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to hearing your opinions!